Thursday, October 1, 2015

sri lanka :: day one










Sri Lanka Day One. 
Can't believe how cool this place is and it's just a four hour flight from Dubai. 
First time I witness the jungle. Oh my. I was missing out for real. 
Our driver, mr. Nilantha picks us up from the airport and tries to give us the tour in his broken English. 
He secretly follows us anywhere we go, truly believing it is his duty to protect us and make sure we are pleased with Sri Lanka and stay out of trouble. 
But it is such a docile and friendly place. No need for secret guard mr. Nilantha. 
We decide to skip the hotel for now and take a detour at the Elephant Millennium Park, where elephants that have been treated badly find refuge and then stop at Kandy, walk around its beautiful lake and have dinner at a colonial hotel. 
We get back on the car and make the 5 our drive to Unawatune, me sleeping on V's lap and him keeping me warm in my sleep and wet clothes. 
The rain here is just beautiful. 

A tune for your Thursday night. 

No comments: