Wednesday, July 18, 2012

an interview, a bottle of ouzo, a speech and a construction permit

This is an extremely huge post with so many pictures!
I know, but I am so happy and excited about everything I decided to make a post out of it, rather than start acting like a totally crazy person on the street, while jumping up and down.
Last week I had the chance to get interviewed for one of the most prestigious greek fashion magazines, BHMAdonna. You can find the interview here – again sorry for the non-greek speakers. It was great fun and Vassiliki Zioga was super kind and sweet and supportive – I totally thank her for that.
Then a couple of friends and I hopped on a plane and flew across the Aegean to the beautiful island of Lesvos. I will be posting many many pictures in the next few days, but here is a glimpse of our final dinner on the island. We were lucky enough to have some friends take us to Mr. Panagioti’s place. I won’t call it a restaurant, as it is not really one. He and his sweet wife cook whatever’s fresh and they serve you their delicacies and a big bottle of ouzo and if you add some cats and dogs and a whole lot of laughs, you got yourself the perfect vacation. 
Please pay close attention to how beautiful Mr. Panagioti’s garden looks...
how he chooses to store his goods...
how everyone should be washing their hands – out in the open surrounded by plants...
how a pot can hold your flowers, greens etc...
how these boats decided to rest on shore after a crazy ride through the waves...

 how happy mr. panagiotis is...
how a playmobil rests on the rocks...
how a simple plastic bowl fits in...
how amazingly tasty bread seems after an hour of swimming...
how one can become creative in the kitchen...
what a good talk looks like...
 what a good laugh looks like...

what a cute dog looks like...




But wait! There’s more!
Firstly, I would like to thank you for your votes and support for Best Practices Forum2012. I feel blessed to have been voted in the top 10 Practices for 2012. Tomorrow I will be making a short presentation on what imatiothiki is really all about and would love to see you there. It’s the first time I am talking about imatiothiki on a conference and I am so excited!!!
And lastly, but most importantly, I thank God for finally getting my first permit and license to build my first two holiday houses in Syros. Hopefully more will follow!

2 comments:

Cloudline Chic Flows said...

I really don't know what to comment on first!! Maybe I'll keep it simple and short for once!! Loved the medley of summer images!! So real, so honest, so beautiful in the sweetest sense!!
Also, as you already know I'm hugely excited for your success and I can only feel proud and happy for your accomplishments!! Soon more will follow and you can bet I'll be right here to celebrate! :)

Lots of hugs and summery sea spray on your hair! <3

[sen.siˈʝes] said...

congrats, my dear!
such exciting news